Birmingham, West Midlands
£27000 - £28000 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be partnered with West Midlands Growth Company on the recruitment of a Creative Artworker to join their centralised Marketing team covering the business, tourism and leisure sectors across the company.
Job title: Creative Artworker
Contract: until March 2023
Salary: up to £28k
Start date: Feb 2022
The West Midland Growth Company (WMGC) helps the region make its mark nationally and internationally. Through investor attraction and retention, regional marketing, and tourism promotion, the WMGC showcases and supports the best of the West Midlands. The company works with a range of partners and stakeholders - including hundreds of local businesses, the public sector, universities, and government.
Funding has been secured to deliver a major programme to attract visitors, investors and events to the West Midlands and the UK and grow export opportunities.
A central programme team supports the programme delivery partners (West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC), Department for International Trade (DIT) and VisitBritain (VB)). Based in central Birmingham at the WMGC offices, the team will deliver cross-cutting activity and ensure integration within the programme, with the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) and with relevant regional / national initiatives.
Having worked with WMGC in the recruitment of specialist roles over the last few years, we here at Gleeson can confidently say how much of an amazing opportunity and supportive workplace this role will offer.
This role will give you the opportunity to work alongside the Creative Lead, Digital teams and other areas of the business to maintain the brand as well as shaping and futureproofing the message WMGC is delivering across the Business, Tourism and Leisure program. This is a collaborative role where your thoughts and ideas are encouraged.
As a creative artworker you will be responsible for supporting the central marketing team by providing artwork and graphics for use in print, event, digital media, and websites.
This is a varied role for someone who is keen to develop their skills as part of an in-house team. There will be opportunities to learn and progress and be involved in the evolution of the WMGC brand and collateral.
- Creating and adapting artwork for use in across all media (print, digital, OOH, email campaigns, social
media & events)
- Updating and reworking existing artwork and designs
- Image editing, including optimisation, colour correction, isolating, resizing, and retouching
- Be a brand advocate, working with the Creative Lead and Central Marketing team across the business to
ensure everything we do is on brand, maintaining quality control of all outputs from WMGC
- Manage concepts from initial campaign ideas through to full execution, ensuring effective & efficient delivery in line with marketing briefs
- Design and artwork of ongoing collateral within the business to ensure that all content is regularly updated
in line with the insight team to ensure all information is correct at time of release.
- Creation of all master documents in line with brand guidelines
- Reviewing wider business presentations to ensure we are consistent and remain on brand.
- Experience and knowledge in a Creative Artworker role
- Experience/proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator on PC/ MAC.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word and excel and/
- Competent in designing for Microsoft Word & PPT
- Eye for design and able to bring forward new ideas for the brand and challenge existing branding
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet a variety of deadlines
- Ability to deal with and manage confidential and sensitive information with a high level
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of CRM systems, e.g.: Zoho One.
Please apply for more information and more detailed job description