Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in an exclusive partnership with a high-growth global manufacturing business in Wolverhampton, who are looking to appoint a Cost Reduction Lead in a newly created role. The finance function within this business is going through an exciting period of growth, with a number of opportunities arising within a number of business units within the group.
There is excellent career potential in this role, with the opportunity to step up into more senior positions, as well as opportunities at an international level, if this is of interest.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid fashion, with 2 days a week from home. Salary for the position is up to £70K, plus package.
The role would be a fantastic fit for a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant, with strong cost reduction and programme management skills, who has significant experience within the manufacturing industry and understands the manufacturing and supply chain process.
Key responsibilities of the Cost Reduction Lead position:
- Responsibility for defining and agreeing the Cost Reduction road map for the organisation
- Responsibility for achieving cost reduction targets
- Defining and implementing potential cost reduction opportunities across the organisation's product range
- Presenting insightful progress reports to the senior leadership team
- Ensuring data is collected in an accurate manner to ensure reporting is both reliable and on time
- The creation of cost reduction initiatives
- Prioritising cost reduction activity with the aim of maximising ROI
- Advocating and driving continuous improvement
- Responsible for delivering should-cost estimates
- Responsibility for educating the wider department on cost reduction and supporting the development of a cost conscious mindset
The following experience is required for this Cost Reduction Lead position:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Strong and proven cost reduction skills within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Experience in lean/continuous improvement techniques in an office environment, strong bias for driving change and process excellence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in complex situations to aid decision making.
- Proven project management skills
- Understanding of the operational processes in a manufacturing business and how they impact the financials across the wider business
- Self-starter with a 'can do' attitude and a curious mind
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills