We are excited to be hiring a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager for a fast-growing multi-disciplined real estate consultancy in the Marylebone area, London. As part of the growth of a newly established cost management service line they are keen to hear from candidates of varying experience from project surveyor, ideally qualified or on path to chartership, to senior surveyor. You will be responsible for running projects (appropriate to your experience), working in a small but growing team in London.
The Cost Manager role works across a range of sectors and will encompass a full range of pre and post contract cost management services, and will suit an ambitious quantity surveyor looking to take on a challenge and grow their career further in what is an exciting time to join this diverse business.
- Responsible for all stages of cost management
- Interface with clients to define projects, budgets, and overall cost requirements.
- Track financial progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets, and generating reports on status including producing budget estimates, cost plans, tender documents
- Monitor construction costs to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget, prepare regular financial reports and present to the project and client team
- Negotiate and agree post contract variations and final account
- Facilitate project meetings regarding cost matters
- Work closely with internal team members, external collaborators, clients and contractors as well as colleagues across the wider business.
- People management - line management of staff and maintaining excellent customer relationships. Mentoring, developing, coaching, recruitment, and appraising.
- New work - support with the production of fee proposals, bid documents, and engage in the development of new clients.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS COST MANAGER
For the more experienced role the ideal candidate will be a MRICS qualified quantity surveyor with relevant quantity surveying / cost management experience. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of providing pre and post contract cost management duties. You will be ambitious and proactive, managing projects from the start and using your excellent communication skills to help ensure successful project delivery. You will show strong desire to coach and mentor junior members of the team, having gained some experience in this previously and will be keen to help develop the service line. Travel will be required due to the nature of the client base.
We are also keen to hear from less experienced candidates, who are working towards chartered status. You will be ambitious and proactive and have a desire to develop your career as part of a growing team working on a range of different projects. We will support you alongside our other surveyors working towards their APC.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
On offer to the successful Cost Manager is the opportunity to join a growing team in a highly established national organisation, with unrivalled opportunity to progress as the team grows. You will report into the Partner and receive mentorship and guidance to help you develop. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of £45-60,000 dependant on experience.