Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
Cost Accountant - Birmingham - 40 - 45k + Bens
Gleesons are supporting a growing manufacturing organisation in Birmingham to recruit for a Cost Accountant. This role is working alongside members of the finance and operation teams to challenge and support the delivery of outstanding commercial performance. Specifically, this will be improving financial awareness, understanding and decision making through enhanced reporting, business processes and business partnering.
The organisation are seen as leaders within their industry, and with 30 year's experience behind them; they have created a number of exciting brands which you will be aware of when out shopping ! The Head Office is based just North of Central Birmingham and houses the central function teams (finance, marketing & sales etc) and the main distribution centre.
The finance team is very social able, ensuring they keep a light hearted environment when working and an enjoyable environment to develop in. The team is circa 20 strong, with a strong team ethic and an understanding that people have a life out of work. With that in mind, the doors are locked most evenings, so working late isn't really an option.
The right person for this role needs to have lots of ambition, energy and determination. Due to the nature of the role previous experience business partnering would also be beneficial. Costing is an essential skillset needed for this role, alongside an in depth knowledge of manufacturing and at least part qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
Cost Accountant - Responsibilities:
- Support Management Accountant in the preparation of monthly accounts, annual budget/projection, monthly forecasts and year end accounts.
- Develop KPIs for the measurement and delivery of accurate and insightful analysis of waste and efficiency performance, identifying variances to budget / forecast which are fully understood and effectively communicated to site management and the wider business.
- Deliver accurate product costings by working closely with the Finance, NPD and site team members. Support post launch evaluations with review of costing accuracy and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Take a lead in the review of existing costings to maintain operational and financial accuracy and recommend best practice for master data SAP utilisation. Assist the NPD team and Commercial Controller in long-term recipe evolution decision making.
- Work closely with site teams to investigate adverse operational variances, commercially evaluate the business case and recommend remedies to senior management, support implementation and post evaluation.
- Support the sites in formalisation and standardisation of its lean manufacturing development e.g. production meetings, process auditing and taste panels, and ensure robust financial rigour.
- Ensure that finance takes a lead role in the identification of risks and opportunities, challenging and supporting cross-functional business initiatives, feedback and learning.