We are looking for an experienced Cost Accountant to join an engineering firm based in Stoke-On-Trent, this a newly created position, reporting directly into the Finance Director. Working in a small finance team, you will be responsible for performing cost analyses, and preparing budget reports, refining structures and implementing process improvements.
This Cost Accountant position would best suit someone with extensive accounts experience within a manufacturing environment.
You do not need to be a qualified accountant, experience over qualification is more important.
You should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. The ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company.
Ultimately, you should build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for our company.
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
To find out more information - please get in touch!