£40000.00 - £55000 per annum + + bonus
about 1 month ago
Are you a Management Accountant experienced in Standard Costings in a manufacturing setting looking for a new role within a heavily group backed business? Would the opportunity to develop alongside an experienced, dynamic team appeal to you and your career aspirations? If this sounds like something you'd like to get stuck in to please get in touch today!
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be partnered with a large, manufacturing business based in Birmingham who are looking for a Cost Accountant to join them as they head into their next busy period of growth. This is a supportive and inclusive environment where your key responsibility will be to support with the costing process for production and inventory management. As Cost Accountant you will also be highlighting variances generated between actual and standard cost.
What's On Offer?
- Package £40,000 - £55,000
- Flexible working - hybrid working
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free parking
- Bonus up to 5%
As Cost Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the Cost database for items (PRI's) are accurately maintained
- Analyse, communicate monthly reports and advise departments about Production variances during monthly production meeting
- Production and cost variance analysis
- Material price index follow up
- Commodity price analysis
- Communication of PDC's to other group subsidiaries with audit of transfer prices
- Apportionment of overhead via allocation models
- Analysis of variation of average and standard cost
- Inventory management with all relating financial ratios and statistics relating to this, such as number of days in stock
- Stock and scrap reconciliations
- Analysis of inventory adjustments (IA's) and other OPGL transactions
- Fixed asset verification
- Adhere to month-end deadlines
- Ensure the liaison with statutory Auditors
- Ensure Group rules and best accounting practises are followed
- Work on the budget preparation
- Prepare and analyse management information
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience:
- Good analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Organisation and time management skills
- Quality focused
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with a strong spreadsheet capability
If this sounds like something you would be keen to explore, I would love to hear from you - either click to apply or give me a call!