Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
2 months ago
CSR Manager - Birmingham (3 Days in Office per week, 2 Days working from home) - Up to £60,000 + Package
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to have been requested to lead the search by one of the most widely recognised brands who are looking to identify a CSR Manager, to develop an effective CSR programme, encompassing sustainability, responsible and ethical procurement, social value, diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement and wellbeing.
Why This Is a Great Opportunity!
- The chance to join an expanding organisation
- Your role will encompass hundreds of different brands & products - and your impact on CSR initiatives will be felt across the world!
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a positive, proactive and purpose driven company culture, who put the world and it's people first.
As The CSR Manager, You Will;
- Manage the company's own-brand ethical trade programme - on-boarding, auditing, remediation, reporting and trend analysis, statutory and customer environmental requirements.
- You will set up and maintain controls, data sets and documentation procedures, providing the business with data reports that detail the ethical trade performance
- Support and deliver various CSR-generalist projects, representing the organisation in group wide sustainability, environmental and ethical initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the wider business, from HR to Commercial, Marketing to the Board of Directors, to identify gaps and conceptualise solutions across a spectrum of CSR challenges.
- Alongside the Commercial Director, you will manage your own portfolio of projects, engaging skilfully with teams across the business to deliver them, coaching employees in all matters.
- Conduct regular engagement directly with customers to ensure the development and availability of environmental and ethical policies additionally to country and customer requirements.
- Provide recommendations and implementation of processes to ensure compliance and best practice is achieved.
- Completion of regular risk assessments and environmental auditing of business systems, suppliers, sub-contractors and sites to ensure compliant and maximisation of best practice.
- Continually develop CSR skill set and keep up to date with the latest developments in CSR and statutory regulations.
The Successful Candidate Will Have;
- Mandatory experience and / or qualifications in any element of CSR e.g. sustainability and / or environmental concerns.
- Ideally experience working with suppliers, with ethical trading experience being advantageous
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate building strong working relationships and motivating people and teams that are remote, multi-level and multi-cultural.
- A personal motivation and interest in environmental and ethical issues whilst balancing with commercial reality.
- Enthusiasm and a pro-active work ethic with the personality to enjoy working in a dynamic and fast paced environment which inevitably has its obstacles.
- Willingness to work on own initiative and lead the CSR agenda.
- A starter and finisher with the ability to think independently and commercially.
- A professional corporate communicator, able to prepare and hold engaging presentations.
This is a unique opportunity where personality is key, you will need to be a passionate and self-motivated individual who wants to improve the quality of people's lives.
In return, the successful CSR Manager will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 and benefits package. In addition to this, you will be joining a committed and sustainable organisation who genuinely recognise the value their team and business can add to the world.