Birmingham, West Midlands
£400000.00 - £450000.00 per annum
23 days ago
September - November 2022
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with West Midlands Growth Company to be recruiting for a Corporate Communications Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
Job title: Corporate Communications Manager
Contract: Permanent, full time
Start date: September-November 2022
WFH policy: Hybrid/Flexible
About West Midlands Growth Company:
West Midlands is an exciting, vibrant and diverse region and West Midlands Growth Company aims to reflect this in all that we do. Our objective is that our work, services and employment practices will promote a positive impression of the region, and we will take every step to minimise or eliminate outdated preconceptions and stereotypes
You will be joining an fast-paced and impressive Media and Communications team to increase WMGC's profile through the market place, media, events and internal relationships. You will report to the Head of Communications and work with a collaborative team and business to increase economic growth and opportunity across the region.
- Work alongside the communications team to ensure content is in line with guidelines and corporate messaging is delivered in line with the companies priorities.
- Identify relevant and important corporate communication opportunities that supports and increases the profile of WMGC and implement those relationships and content.
- Produce press releases, quotes, statements and speeches that support the WMGC's business objectives within all domains (corporate, investment and tourism).
- Support governance processes, stakeholder management and reporting
- Develop and implement a stakeholder engagement plan and track activity via the CRM system.
- Ensure the wider business are informed on accurate corporate messaging and objectives.
- Track and record shareholder comms activity
- Work with the communications team to support in immediate requests across the business
- Experience within similar role
- Excellent communications and copywriting skills
- Previous experience delivering Corporate Communications for senior stakeholders within a business
- Experience in developing and maintaining stakeholder and shareholder relationships
- Knowledge of the West Midlands
- Previous relationships within media, public sector and local authority and private sector is desirable
- Internal Communications experience
- Experience of CRM systems
- Previous knowledge and experience of trade & investment, and/or tourism & culture
Please apply for more information