£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + +plus package
4 months ago
Are you a Controls Software Engineer able to design and develop software for machine automation? If so, an Oxfordshire based organisation who are at the forefront liquid repellent nanotechnology are looking for you!
As the Controls Software Engineer, you will be a key player In the design and development of software architecture for both machine accessories and retro-fits, for both current and new equipment and automation.
- Works in conjunction with mechanical, electrical and automation engineering, and colleagues in Research & Development in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of software including development and maintenance
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all aspects of software developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are programmed to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in software development / architecture role
- Specific experience of working with industry machinery within a technical environment, not just a general software engineering or infrastructure background
- Multi language PLC / PAC programming capabilities; Omron, Opto 22, Mitsubishi and Siemens desirable
- The candidate needs excellent problem solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Wide development experience, with ideally exposure to all aspects of supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of a variety of different PLC programming solution
This is a fantastic role within a well-established and highly renowned client who are rapidly expanding. If interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV, or email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note that you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.