Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Northampton, in search of a Controls Accountant. This is a brand new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects. We require an ambitious, technical individual to join the business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful candidate to progress and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting, working within a small team but with exposure across the business, the team has responsibility for external financial reporting, management of external audit, technical accounting for the Group, assistance in implementing controls within all areas of the business and support of the Internal Audit function and Risk Management.
- Support in the tracking of management internal control assessments, addressing weaknesses, embedding change and improving processes.
- Support the co-sourced internal audit programme and aid management in addressing follow up action.
- Support with risk registers across the Group.
- Take a leading role in the development of control frameworks across the Group.
- Provide a controls input and support the design and development of system improvements across the business.
- Asses, analyse and challenge business performance.
- Provide analysis that monitors compliance to regional financial and commercial processes and controls.
- Work closely with all members of the Finance team to ensure information, reporting and procedures remain entirely clear and consistent across the Group.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Practice trained or internal audit experience in industry.
- Experience in a complex business.
- Able to communicate to the wider business.
- Robust individual who will question and investigate processes and outcome.
- Strong ability to business partner.
What's On Offer?
- Salary C £45,000 - £55,000
- Attractive Bonus
- Generous Pension up to 10%
- 27 days holiday (+ 8 Statutory)
- Hybrid working
- Health Care scheme
- Free On-site Parking
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, then please click apply to this advert, or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.