Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £75000 per annum + OTE
about 1 year ago
A global automation solutions provider based south of Birmingham is looking to expand their controls and automation department with additional control systems engineers. You will be working on a variety of automated equipment, in a variety of sectors. This role will be mostly home based however some travel to site will be necessary.
Scope of the role:
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the concept, architecture, implementation, testing and commissioning of control software and hardware solutions used on the company's standard products. You also support other engineers in the execution of their work.
- Deliver the product solution, fully tested, commissioned and documented for our customer
- Responsible for Software engineering of control systems
- Specification, design, coding and test of controls software.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers (internal and external)
- Participate in requirements discussions and write specifications
- Provide second and third level support for support colleagues if needs to be fixed.
- Function as a key player within the team
- Share knowledge regarding "past, painful learning's" and how to avoid them
- Represent the company at internal and external meetings
Qualifications & experience needed:
- Electrical/automation engineering Bachelor, Master, Technician or comparable experience
- Experience in programming with Structured Text language (as defined in IEC61131) or other high level programming language such as C, C++ or C#
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation.
- Several years of industrial experience with sound knowledge of at least one of the following hardware platforms and associated programming languages - Beckhoff TwinCAT or Siemens S7.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (EtherCAT, PROFINET, PROFIBUS, AS-i), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Electrical qualifications (electrician licence or disconnect/reconnect) would be an advantage
This role has a basic salary of up to £55,000 per annum (dependant on experience) plus an additional £6,000 car allowance (or company car). You will also qualify for a 10% bonus plus any additional overtime worked.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for a global brand then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.