£45000.00 - £53000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Control Systems Engineer - Loughborough
£45,000 - £53,000 base salary, dependant on experience
A metal extrusion business based in Loughborough are looking to expand their maintenance department with a days based control systems engineer!
As a control systems engineer, you will provide control systems expertise and support to the engineering department to maximise processing efficiency and minimise production downtime. You will assist in the engineering and maintenance manager in leading the shift engineers to ensure that all plant and equipment in this multi-million-pound facility is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies.
- Have an in-depth understanding of industrial control systems (electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic) and use that knowledge for debugging and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Fault finding and repair of control system and machine faults.
- Carry out or oversee planned preventative maintenance activities, assist in the creation of PPM schedules and activities.
- Identify and carry out improvements to control systems for operational efficiency, replacing obsolete components and systems or increasing safety levels.
- Have an understanding of modern machinery safety devices, safety control systems and safety standards.
- Monitoring, debugging and programming of PLC and HMI's.
- Reading, maintaining and improving control system documentation, including program listings, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Providing expert technical support to and assist in the training of shift maintenance engineers.
A bit about you:
- Technical knowledge to setup electronic control systems for mechanical equipment including integrating electrical wiring requirements to pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to understand wiring schematics, electrical drawings circuits and computer programming
- Understanding of automation principles
- Comfortable in a re-active and PPM environment
- Must have logical approach to fault finding
- Previous experience in a bespoke manufacturing environment
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.