£45000 - £60000 per annum + plus car allowance and bonus
4 months ago
Our client, a leading automated solutions provider, is looking to expand their technical offering with additional controls design engineers who have experience in the full project lifecyle to join their team. You can be based anywhere in the UK, as this role will have a high degree of remote working either from home or from a customer site.
You should have experience within the following sectors/ industries: steel, paper, marine, production lines, manufacturing, or heavy industrial engineering.
Reporting into the Engineering Director, you will be responsible for full-lifecycle technical delivery of controls and automation projects from concept electrical design of control systems, through to commissioning and hand-over within the heavy engineering industries.
- Being involved in pre-sales enquires and understanding of client requirement, as well as applying industrial standards and best practices.
- Initial concept design, including Functional Design Specification, Safety Requirements Specification, Single Line Diagram, Network Topology, Device Layout, Cause & effect Matrix, Safety Block Diagram, etc
- Handover to the Hardware Design team and review of the produced designs
- Software Design, including the Software Design Specification and production of Software / Configuration deliverables for e.g. PLC / HMI / SCADA / Robot / Drives / BMS / etc
- Maintenance of the Technical Construction File
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing
- Other Duties as required
- Degree and/ or HNC/ HND qualified within relevant discipline.
- Experience working full lifecycle at various stages of a project from cradle to grave.
- Experience with concept electrical design of control systems for large drives (typically from ABB, Siemens, ABB, Rockwell)
- Experience writing, programming, and commissioning PLC software and hardware,
- Experience with various SCADA/ HMI systems
- Experience managing projects and experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience within industries such as, steel, paper, marine, production line & manufacturing
- Desirable: experience working with and/ or exposure to industrial robots from the likes of ABB, Fanuc, Kuka etc.
This is a fantastic role within a well-established and highly renowned client who are rapidly expanding. If interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV, or email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note that you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.