Birmingham, West Midlands
£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be working in partnership with West Midlands Growth Company who are seeking a Conference Account Manager to join their Convention Bureau Team. Within this newly-created role, you will be tasked with leading the Ambassador Programme in Birmingham and the West Midlands to grow business from the association sector. This will be achieved through working closely with academics from the region's top universities.
Working with the Senior Business Tourism Manager and Business Tourism Manager to develop the Ambassador Programme:
- Lead on the Ambassadors Programme by identifying and recruiting Ambassadors, and developing and maintaining sound professional relationships.
- Implement an annual Ambassador Programme including a communications and events strategy including, writing the annual Ambassador events programme, attendance of regular meetings with both Ambassadors and partner stakeholders ' to build relations, organising regular information meetings for Ambassadors and much more!
- Work with the Ambassadors and partners to develop and deliver successful conference and meeting bids.
- Communicate to Ambassadors the assistance Birmingham and the West Midlands Convention Bureau can provide to bid for conferences.
- Maintain and build accurate databases for Ambassadors and Associations.
- Administrate any future subvention fund and submit applications for approval to the Senior Business Tourism Manager.
- Control the budgets set for both the Ambassador Programme and any future Subvention Fund.
Develop association conference leads by:
- Be the ICCA Association database 'ambassador' within the convention bureau team
- Effectively using the convention bureaus membership of ICCA to establish leads for potential conferences fitting Birmingham and the region, ensuring all leads are recorded on CRM system
- Understand and research conferences fitting the expertise of Birmingham and the West Midlands aligning with key sectors where possible.
- Previous experience within an account management / client relationship based role, with significant understanding within the conference industry
- Flexibility; you will need to attend regular trade events on a national and international basis.
- Ability to research and investigate, always willing to widen your industry knowledge
- Analytical; ability to gather information required and demonstrable experience of reporting
- Strong stakeholder management; ability to build successful working relationships with regional venues, accommodation providers and conference organisers.
- Self-motivated and proactive mindset
- Highly organised; able to proactively plan and ensure follow up activities are arranged to maintain engagement
- Passionate about the West Midlands region
Please note, this role is a fixed-term contract from January 2022 until April 2023 with flexible working patterns.