Birmingham, West Midlands
£47000 - £51000 per annum + Benefits
6 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with a PLC based in Birmingham who are seeking a Compliance Officer. Within this key role for the organisation, you will be responsible for developing and updating the Compliance Monitoring Framework as they transition to FCA regulation this year.
Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Director, you will be joining an inclusive and collaborative team, with an opportunity to be involved in numerous projects.
You will be accountable for the management of the key business risks, working alongside business stakeholders and the wider compliance and audit team to mitigate them through action planning, audits and reviews, whilst ensuring policies and procedures are in place and communicated and fully understood.
The Compliance Officer will need to implement a pro-active approach to Risk & Compliance audits, whilst identifying actions to improve the risk and compliance environment generally. A rolling program of audits should be in place and regular reports on findings communicated to the wider team to drive continual improvement in policies, procedures and business processes.
- 3 years + experience in a Compliance role or similar.
- Experience of working in a Compliance Environment, including FCA Regulated Business
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and communicate at all levels within the organisation
- Self-motivated individual who can drive initiatives and projects forward to completion
- A multi-tasker with good time management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office