Solihull, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Company Accountant - Solihull - 40 - 45k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PE backed organisation in Birmingham who are looking for a well-rounded Qualified Accountant to support their continued growth and ensure correct accounting procedures are in place.
The business has grown organically year on year, and now with substantial financial backing has started to look into acquiring new businesses to increase the size and profitability of the organisation.
This is a unique opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to really add value within a company. This role will report into the Financial Controller and suit an individual who enjoys adding value and taking ownership of the management & statutory accounts, ad hoc analysis, financial modelling and driving process improvements within the month end process.
Other responsibilities include:
- To monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing and other transactions
- Produce and present reports to inform the Financial Controller and the local Leadership Team of business activities, trends and the associated financial impact
- To track the organisation's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement, including ways to mitigate financial risk to the business
- To be responsible for the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts and statutory accounts for all local entities related to the Company
- To generate, interpret and prepare management information to inform the business of key financial data in line with internal processes and accounting standards
- To prepare weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts, in addition to assisting with quarterly forecasts
- To maintain overall responsibility for the calculation and processing of month end journals including; posting accruals, prepayments for overheads, conducting full analysis, in addition to recharges and ensuring relevant checks and controls are in place
- To be responsible for undertaking timely month end reporting for senior management, ensuring management accounts accurately reflect business performance, alongside identifying and reviewing any variances and corrections
- To assist the Financial Controller in budget management, the production of annual budgets and the generation of financial models to support long-term business plans
- To assist with the administering of PAYE, corporation tax and VAT payments to HMRC along with the provision of relevant returns, where required
- To be responsible for auditing and processing payroll and employee commission payments and effectively deal with any related queries
- To contribute to annual statutory audits and ensure that compliance is maintained at all times, including preparation of detailed year end files
The environment is fast paced, and needs a confident Accountant who is not afraid to ask questions, enjoys building relationships with various departments and is looking for a business that will offer brilliant career development. This is the type of opportunity that increase the number of key achievements and ultimately ensure progression is achieved into senior leadership roles.
Package on offer is up to £45,000, pension, private medical