Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
2 months ago
GRG Executive Search are working in partnership with the West Midlands Growth Company to find a Commonwealth Markets Manager to support the International Markets Lead on the development of an International Strategy for the West Midlands Growth Company.
As the Commonwealth Markets Manager you will identify the key market opportunities to attract inward investment from, the key stakeholders that must be influenced to ensure success, and the activities required to raise awareness of the West Midlands investment proposition, amongst both prospective FDI investors and key international stakeholders.
Play a key role in the delivery of international intermediary and stakeholder engagement on behalf of the West Midlands Growth Company, including, but not limited to, the overarching relationships with important DIT posts and Markets teams; trade and investment agencies acting on behalf of countries identified as primary and markets for inward investment within the Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Programme; London Embassies and High Commissions
- Provide high quality business development and operational support to the Director of the West Midlands India Partnership and play a leading role in business development activities undertaken by the WMIP, particularly where these align closely with the objectives of the B&T Programme.
- Work closely with WMGC's appointed in-market representation partners, tasked with inward investment lead generation services in Australia, Canada & the US, India, Singapore & Malaysia.
- Work closely with the Growth Company's Inward Investment sector leads and cross-programme events teams, to scope, plan and deliver a number of effective inward-investment in-market activations, including, but not limited to, Queens Baton Relay showcases in each of India, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and Canada.
- Leverage the international footprint of key partners of the West Midlands Growth Company, including games sponsors, commercial partners and the region's universities, to drive awareness of the region's inward investment opportunities.
- Work closely with the senior management team at the West Midlands Growth Company to ensure consistent and effective achievement of contract objectives, providing flexible support to ensure the team targets are achieved.
- Undertake planned marketing and lead generation activities both nationally and internationally (trade fairs, exhibitions etc) to showcase the regional WMCA geography offer.
- Make efficient use of CRM systems and processes to record, monitor, review and refine business development strategies, together with marketing and communications programmes to fully exploit business opportunities both for the business and for the wider benefit of the region.
- Build influence across the region for WMGC through its inward programmes within Midlands Engine, DIT and other relevant national and international organisations and intermediaries to ensure that WMCA geography is perceived as a priority region for them to direct inward investment opportunities to.
- International experience and outlook
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to secure cooperation from senior external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate ideas, issues, systems and procedures successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences.
- An understanding of cross-border trade and investment, including an up-to-date knowledge of the commercial drivers and barriers relating to international greenfield investment.
- An understanding of the structure and role of the UK's Department for International Trade and its role in supporting inward investment into the UK.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector.
- Demonstrable evidence of deep pre-existing relationships within the UK's department for international trade and/or its counterparts in other countries, particularly major Commonwealth Markets.
- Significant experience of dealing with India or Indian companies, particularly in a trade or inward investment context.
- Previous evidence of working effectively in a role with and international dimensions, ideally including one or more primary target markets for our programme (USA, Germany, India, Australia, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia).
- Knowledge of the structures and roles of relevant public bodies operating within the West Midlands region.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.