£80000 - £85000 per annum + Car & Executive Package
6 months ago
Commercial Financial Controller - London/Home Counties - FTSE 250 - £80/90,000 per annum + 20% Bonus, Pension, Healthcare & Car Allowance (Dependent on level).
My large London based FTSE 250 client is looking for an outstanding Commercial Financial Controller to join their team. The role is available due to a new contract being won and so they have a pressing requirement for the right permanent candidate . The successful candidate is likely to come from an outsourcing, professional services or contract led business that has been through a significant period of change. This role will suit a highly motivated candidate who is looking to progress to become a Divisional Finance Director with in the next couple of years and can travel between London and the Home Counties.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the financial control on a large, high profile contract and leading from the front through a significant transformation programme.
Key responsibilities - Commercial Financial Controller:
- Management of the contract finance team
- Management and production of monthly Management Accounts and relevant variance analysis in line with the reporting deadline
- Monthly reporting
- Monthly forecasting
- Provide a project accounting function with key emphasis on cost management, benefits tracking and value analysis
- Management and maintenance of programme P&L and balance sheet
- Business planning
- Ensure that invoices are raised in a timely manner to meet contractual obligations
- Ensure all WIP is recorded, calculated correctly and managed so as to minimise risk
- Maintaining and developing a strong control environment
- Risk analysis on the P&L
- To identify and manage financial risk and issues and to provide solutions
- Ensure adherence to financial contractual obligations
- Ensuring Group policies and procedures are followed
Required - Commercial Financial Controller
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with a minimum of seven years post qualified experience
- Excellent Academics
- A background from a large contract led business
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience of business transformation or a fast-paced change environment
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
- The ability to clearly delver financial information to different stakeholders
My client delivers outstanding development opportunities for highly motivated, commercially aware candidates who are looking to drive their careers forward. They are a market leader and a strong, recognisable business brand with an enviable market position. Candidates who are immediately available will be preferred in this process due to the pressing requirement of the contract.
As this role is private and confidential no additional information will be released until a CV has been received and positively vetted.