£17 - £22 per hour + + bens
3 months ago
Commercial Financial Analyst
Working for a leading, highly-regarded pharmaceutical clients, based in Cambridge, who are leaders in their field, you will be joining an experienced finance team, initially for a year. Our client is a well-established UK & Ireland business, employing high calibre talent across the Head Office functions, and are seeking a part qualified or finalist or potentially qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant to join the growing team.
You will receive superb training and there maybe potential for extensions for beyond the year, but ideally you will be available at short notice to start this role. All interviews and on-boarding will be held remotely, until COVID restrictions relax. Ideally you will be living within commutable distance to the Cambridge location for when the office re-opens.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful Commercial Financial Analyst will include:
* Processing and validating rebates using the contracts and pricing system
* Troubleshooting and resolving queries with rebate claims through prompt communication with the Commercial Team and directly with their customers
* Submission of quarterly government sales rebate returns
* Ensuring the adequacy of rebate accrual balances through monthly reporting, reconciliation and analysis
* Ensuring the accuracy of sales reporting by monitoring daily sales reporting and maintaining manual sales accruals
* Providing close collaboration with the Commercial Teams to ensure the commercial agreements are accurately reflected within sales rebate accrual programs in the contracts and pricing systems
* Reporting, analysis and testing to support quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley sign offs and internal controls
* Maintain documentation to facilitate subsequent internal and external audit
Your profile as the successful Commercial Financial Analyst will include:
* Part qualified or Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
* Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
* Excellent IT skills, including a high level of Excel proficiency and experience of using SAP or Oracle (or similar)
* Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and ability to work under pressure or to tight time-scales
* Potentially offering previous experience of processing and accounting for sales rebates
* Pharmaceutical industry experience an advantage
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-recognised business, with superb training for all employees. Please do get in touch for a full job specification and for further details.