Commercial Finance Manager
£71000 - £85000 per annum
24 days ago
Overview - Commercial Finance Manager - Warwick
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proud to be partnering a highly established, Warwickshire based, internationally renowned business with the recruitment for a Commercial Finance Manager.
This is a high level position offering the opportunity to lead key relationships and drive sales and performance within the business.
To assist with the development of robust processes and models to ensure that the businesses commercial trading is optimised to the required level of return. To support the periodic reporting of business performance, identifying opportunities for EBIT enhancement and Commercial Sales Growth Opportunities in conjunction with the Customer Commercial Teams.
Responsibilities for the Commercial Finance Manager
Day to day
- Ensure sign off for tenders and proposals are in place before submitting pricing
- Supporting the Commercial Team to deliver a full ongoing programme of inflation recovery from customers is prepared, presented, and monitored post implementation
- Close working with the Commercial and Site Finance Teams ensuring EBIT by Line improvement opportunities are identified and actioned.
- Responsible for controlling that pricing is updated correctly and follow up where corrections are needed
- Supporting the Commercial team in Customer reviews on the presentation of model proposals where required.
- Provide an independent review service to support the Commercial teams and ensure robust processes, a culture of rigorous financial control and promoting commercial awareness.
- Enable the Commercial teams to excel as they drive revenue growth and margin improvement, including opportunities made available from customer tenders. Identify opportunities for margin enhancement through insightful analysis and promote understanding of volumes, revenues, product cost and overhead drivers.
- Review commercial plans with a forensic approach and promote clarity and understanding. Collaboratively interpret the requirements of internal customers and implement solutions and assisting in the definition of standard sales reporting.
- Develop and provide period end reporting encompassing Sales and Promotional performance by Customer, Product Group, and Individual SKU.
- Management of the long-term agreement with Customers and associated balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for controlling individual customer overrider models are accurately used and updated.
Budgets and forecasts
- Assist the sales forecasting and budgeting processes, develop routines that encourage commercial participation to ensure a representative budget with appropriate narrative, sensitivity analysis and strategic opportunities.
- Support commercial team and ensure budgets and forecasts are delivered and supported by plans, opportunities, risks, and bridge gap overview both in terms of volume, price, and margins
- Accurate financialisaton of the Customer Demand Plan to identify Gaps in Volume and Margin, and to support the Commercial Team in the build of Gap Bridging Plans.
- Provide key analysis in the forecasting and budgeting processes.
What we are looking for
- A qualification from a recognised professional body (or qualified by experience) is essential.
- Demonstration of strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills, looking beyond the numbers to identify root cause and find solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships based on integrity, trust and respected financial judgement
- Ability to create and maintain strong ownership of financial reporting in the business
- Ability to prioritise effectively and schedule work to meet deadlines consistently