Birmingham, West Midlands
Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
3 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager into a newly created position within a fast growing service business who are based in Birmingham. This is a really exciting time to join this highly acquisitive business and will see you supporting the Financial Controller in the smooth running of the finance function, whilst getting involved in the delivery of key strategic projects that will support growth.
This role will suit a highly ambitious, fully qualified Accountant who is looking to add real value to a business and join them on a journey. The successful individual will be able to see the impact of what they do in both the short and long term and will work closely with an outstanding Financial Controller that will share knowledge and support you to be the best that you can be.
The successful Commercial Finance Manager will be working for a well-respected brand who operate in a multi-site environment and who have a good reputation within their sector. The company offers a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. The successful candidate will have a proactive nature and the ability to engage at all levels across the business.
The Commercial Finance Manager will provide insight into underlying trends and performance improvement opportunities. You will participate as a key member of the finance team - influencing decision making and strategic priorities as well as:
- Support the FC in motivating and encouraging the finance team to drive best practice.
- Support the FC in the month end close and management accounting.
- To drive, advise and support the business in the development of accurate reporting / dashboards and more insightful analysis.
- Production and analysis of regular reporting for areas of responsibility, including in-month flash reporting on performance.
- Analysis and communication of business performance to non-finance stakeholders and the management team.
- Supporting the budget and forecast process for individual business centres.
- Support in the commercial, operational and financial delivery of strategic objectives.
- To support the business in taking financial decisions and being accountable for the outcomes through effective reporting and detailed analysis.
- To be valued as an effective finance business partner by continually looking for ways to improve and be more efficient - to include systems.
- Be involved in projects as well as M&A activity including investment appraisals and business plan reviews.
- Manage conflicting demands across a number of different areas and prioritise own time.
- Build effective relationships across the business and at all levels of the wider organisation.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment.
As the successful Commercial Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Focused on making a difference and not settling for the status quo
- Proactive with a desire to improve processes
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business
- Highly commercial with the ambition to succeed
- Focussed on producing high quality information to drive decision making
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Commercial Finance Manager:
- Base salary of £55K/£65K
- Bonus scheme
- Genuine career progression and development