£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benefits including flexible hours
20 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a growing facilities management business based in Burton on Trent who are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) to join them as a Commercial Finance Manager. The role will be 2/3 days in the office and the rest from home post covid.
As Commercial Finance Manager within a busy services division, you will be responsible for all management reporting, becoming the main link to head office commercial and financial teams. Whilst acting as business partner to the operating stakeholders
Commercial Finance Manager, Burton On Trent, £55,000
- Provide cost and revenue downloads to operational teams in each business, allowing for review with the project and commercial leads at month end, to the agreed timetable.
- Challenge, verify and establish the trading position of the long-term projects
- Put in place processes with operations to close out variations and final accounts quickly, and to promote a strong cash-driven culture within operational teams.
- Manage a small team within the Finance department, driving working capital and cash by putting in place processes to bill in an accurate and timely manner.
- To provide detailed analysis and narrative of the operating results with reference to the appropriate forecast.
- To provide detailed analysis to operations to drive margin and working capital improvements.
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations to the trial balance in a timely manner, providing backup to Group on a monthly basis and giving balanced risk/opportunity views on that balance sheet.
- Take responsibility for reporting on overheads and submission of month end reporting packs to Group including analytical review of relevant sections in monthly management accounts and interrogation of underlying financials
- Preparation, analytical review and challenge of relevant sections of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- To provide information, support and analysis to the operational, commercial and financial leads within the business for strategic and operational decisions.
- To develop close working relationships with internal customers to fully understand the business as well as establish a credible & effective network of contacts.
- To assist in driving best practice within the business.
Key Skills & Experience, Commercial Finance Manager, Burton on Trent
- Qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Deadline driven accounts Group reporting experience
- Excellent Excel skills and systems understanding
- Must have experience of projects accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to priorities work in a fast-moving environment
- Experience of implementation of finance systems or change projects
If you are looking for a truly commercial role which offers huge scope to progress as well as flexibility around working patterns please do get in touch