Birmingham, West Midlands
£179 - £70000 per annum + Car, 20% Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
9 months ago
A truly exciting opportunity has come up for a market leading brand based in Birmingham who are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager. This role will support their UK operation which has a turnover of approximately £200 million and a Group turnover in excess of £500 million. This exciting and well recognised brand is becoming more and more popular and is therefore experiencing double digit growth month after month.
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder management experience, coupled with strong reporting skills and the ability to own the P&L for a sizeable business area. You will be able to work in a very fast moving environment and will place value on being a true team player.
You will be working closely with the Commercial Director as well as the Sales and Marketing team and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to your business area to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with both operations and finance and will be comfortable in both areas.
As the Commercial Finance Manager this role will provide variety and challenge and you will be responsible for driving performance of the business area you represent. The key areas of responsibility are Business Partnering, Budgeting & Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Reporting and Projects which will be successfully completed by the following:
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team and develop knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Support and advise negotiations with key accounts.
- Monitor and challenge the sales forecast and investigate variances to plan.
- Plan, prepare for, and run the annual plan and quarterly reviews.
- Support the Commercial Director and senior management team with budgeting, forecasting and financial strategy.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the full P&L.
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the annual plan.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to evaluate effectiveness of promotions.
- Provide direction to Sales & Marketing to improve the bottom line, drive sales, revenue and return on investment.
- Provide input across the full P&L for the annual plan.
- Undertake insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the financial strategy.
- Report on the long term business plan - monitoring progress against the annual plan on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide reporting analysis to explain variances against budget and forecast.
As the successful Commercial Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with commercial finance experience;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- A strong team player who is happy to roll their sleeves up;
- Experienced in the use of ERP accounting systems and have a good grasp of Excel;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders;
- A sense of humour.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Commercial Finance Manager:
- Salary of £60K - £70K
- Car allowance
- Bonus up to 20%
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Modern, well equipped offices