Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager for a large service business based in Cheltenham. You will be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong finance business partnering capability with experience of dealing with Operations. You will own your own P&L for a sizeable business area and will be able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will be reporting into the Finance Director and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to your business area to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with both operations and finance and will be extremely comfortable in both areas. The key to your success will be to work closely on building strong trusting relationships with your key stakeholders.
As the Commercial Finance Manager this role will provide variety and challenge and will be responsible for reviewing and dissecting the financial results (P&L, balance sheet & cash flow) for your business area to ensure they are controlled, reported and analysed in a timely and accurate manner. You will also undertake the following:
- Review of monthly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet & cash flow)
- Creation of monthly financial analysis, review of quarterly and annual forecasts against budget
- Understanding the results through the production of analysis and reports with appropriate commentary
- Maintaining financial control and ensuring that all the accounting processes, policies and standards are adhered to
- Managing and improving reporting systems and processes
- Budgeting and forecasting of the balance sheet and cash flow
- Presentation of the financials to the FD and major stakeholders
- Profitability analysis in conjunction with the FP&A team
- Being involved as required with any projects that impact your business area
As the successful Commercial Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant who is happy to travel;
- Be able to build strong and trusting relationships easily;
- Have demonstrable experience of preparing and analysing financial reports;
- Have strong commercial acumen with the ability to see the bigger picture;
- Be able to generate ideas to improve performance;
- Happy to role your sleeves up and get into the detail when required.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Commercial Finance Manager:
- Salary of £65K - £75K
- Car allowance
- Career progression and development