Birmingham, West Midlands
£100000.00 - £120000 per annum
3 months ago
Midlands-based consumer brands business is recruiting an experienced Commercial Finance Director to join its dynamic Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the CFO and operating as number 2 in Finance the Commercial Finance Director directly supports the strategic development of the organisation and underpins commercial performance of the business.
The UK business is a household name with brands synonymous with quality, value for money as well as luxury. The UK turnover sits at circa £400 million and is part of a multibillion dollar global group which is currently performing well.
As Commercial Finance Director you will be responsible for driving the following:
- Lead the planning cycle covering P&L, balance sheet, cashflow & liquidity.
- Production of the annual operating plan and inter-year re-forecasts.
- Production of the long range plan which covers a three year horizon.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business model in order to analyse and influence business strategy.
- Works closely with the CFO and Exec team to develop and implement cash/liquidity stretch plans.
- Participate as a key member of the Leadership team.
- Ensure that finance has input to all major business decisions relating to Sales, Supply chain, Marketing, Overheads and Investment. The role has touchpoints across every part of the business.
- Provide value add financial support across Commercial, Supply Chain and FP&A.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Exec including the CEO.
- Lead and continually improve the budgeting and forecasting processes including the budget, monthly forecasts and co-ordination of the strategic plan.
- Ensure that the FP&A team are a highly capable, driven finance team through training, development, support and mentoring.
- The successful individual will have a strong track-record delivering commercial support within a similar sized consumer facing business in a similar Commercial Finance Director role.
- Gravitas, credibility, passion and the ability to drive a high profile and complex agenda is essential, as is the ability to lead and be inspirational to others.
- Future development of the Commercial Finance Director is progression to CFO within a realistic 2-year time frame.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with exposure to delivering strategic change and driving a performance and continuous improvement culture.
- Please click "apply", or call Liz Gilliver on 0121 631 1751 for an initial conversation.