£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + car, bonus, pension, healthcare
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working for a large manufacturing business to appoint a new Commercial Finance Director at their site close in between Bristol and Cardiff. This is a fantastic role for an ambitious, fully qualified Head of Commercial Finance or Finance Director who is looking for their next career step within a FTSE environment. As Number 1 in Finance you will be looking after a sizeable site with a T/O of approx. £200 million and growing. This is a highly challenging role and will see you reporting into a highly experienced Group Finance Director who will allow you to drive things as you see fit, but will also be there to support when needed.
This role will manage a large finance team and will see you being involved in implementing a new ERP system as well as transforming current ways of working to be more efficient and in line with Group requirements. You will work very closely with the Commercial team and the MD to help drive profitability and ensure all strong commercial opportunities are optimised. Your communication and relationship building skills will need to be exceptional and you will have previous experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will really enjoy getting under the skin of what drives the business and will provide critical insight into all aspect of financial performance to achieve key business objectives.
The role of Commercial Finance Director is seen as a key role within the Group and will be a transformational role where you will be able to make a number of quick wins within a short space of time. This will suit someone who is looking for a real "value add" role where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term.
The successful Commercial Finance Director will be working for a well-known brand who offer career progression, mentorship and a first class benefits package. The company also offer a tremendous working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. You will have a highly experienced Group Finance Director to learn from who has real drive, enthusiasm and who thoroughly enjoys developing people.
- Advance a positive work culture, where effective people management, including the attraction and retention of talent.
- Lead the execution of the business (month end, budgeting and forecasting).
- Financial integrity and accuracy, adherence by team and staff to finance policies and procedures and the Rules of Business.
- Implement and drive compliance with accounting policies and validate the integrity of all financial information.
- Responsible for treasury and cash management including overseeing the collection from customers and working capital.
- To lead the financial input, insight and challenge in being a key business partner to the Commercial team and the Managing Director and play a lead role in the development of the regional 5 year strategy including investment support.
- To oversee the internal and external audit process
- To manage the capital requirements of the business, with forward view on replacement and development capital whilst adhering to Group policies.
- Develop and drive forward looking management information that can contribute to the performance and development of the business.
- To support further integration of the business into the Group through promoting effective collaboration.
- Timely and accurate financial information meeting specified deadlines and formats.
- Standardisation of reporting and analysis across the business.
- Active involvement and contribution to the continuous improvement process, including the financial evaluation of forecasts, the decision-making processes and the monitoring of progress.
- Present business cases and capital applications for submission to Group.
- Look to advance technology and systems use through ERP development and implementation.
As the successful Commercial Finance Director you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Strong and effective team manager who enjoys developing people
- Experience within a sizeable Manufacturing or Construction business
- Strong business partnering capability
- Commercial approach to running a business and making it more profitable
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to engage with both finance and operations across all levels
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Commercial Finance Director:
- Base salary £85K - £95K
- Car allowance
- Family Healthcare
- Career progression and development