Solihull, West Midlands
£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + benefits
5 months ago
Commercial Finance Analyst
Gleeson Recruitment are partnering with an exciting business currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst within the finance team. The role assists the Commercial Finance Manager and their key stakeholders in analysing and reporting on the key business drivers, with emphasis on company and store performance and cost control.
- Be a key player in the preparation of the annual budget and rolling forecasts working alongside stakeholders from across the business
- Production and communication of daily, weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Business partner with a range of stakeholders to understand performance vs budget, promptly highlighting areas of concern, focus or potential improvement
- Analysing margin drivers to provide greater insight in trading performance, including rebates
- Supporting stores with queries and projects
- Support Commercial Finance Manager in month end routines, maintaining strong internal controls
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to improve reporting and analysis to better support stakeholders
- Coach and develop 1 Direct report
- Ad hoc finance analysis for new business projects and store queries, as required
Skills & Experience
- A highly motivated Qualified Accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) with at least 1 year PQE
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to handle large volumes of data. Some experience of Power BI would be beneficial.
- Strong business partnering skills and analytical skills - able to provide calculated, commercial and operational support as well as challenge
- Attention to detail and "Can do" attitude
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the business via appropriate means
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Organised approach with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience in a retail/ FMCG or multi-site operation is advantageous
Full driving license - some UK travel may be required
What's On Offer?
A growing brand with new branches exploding into action nationwide.
The opportunities for professional growth and development are immense and we actively support internal advancement through a fully developed and supported career path.
A huge range of benefits including a competitive salary, profit-based bonus scheme, share save scheme, childcare vouchers, thousands of retail discounts and offers, a company pension scheme, Cycle to Work, free Life Assurance and free Health Cash Plan