Walsall, West Midlands
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a fantastic growing construction business based in Walsall who are recruiting for a qualified accountant to join them as a Commercial Analyst on a permanent basis.
The role offers a competitive salary, flexible working and a great opportunity for progression.
Key Duties, Commercial Analyst, Walsall
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives (potentially including M&A and Refinance)
- Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) relating to financial metrics including revenue, expenditures, and margin.
- Enhance KPI's to facilitate forecast improvements e.g., labour efficiencies and inflation monitoring
- Develop routine overhead and indirect labour monitoring
- Detailed variance to Budget/Forecast analysis and provide meaningful insights
- Convert tender documentation to compatible format to enhance LT contract accounting and outcome evaluation
- Re-build financial reporting history by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and reconciling to final Management & Statutory information
- Re-build historic Contract Performance Reporting on long-term contract accounting basis that reconciles to statutory accounts
- Ad-hoc analysis requests both internal (e.g., P&L/expense/credit card analysis) and external
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast processes
Skills & Experience, Commercial Analyst, Walsall
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA)
- FP&A type experience in a medium sized business
- Experience of working with unstructured data / information
- Proven process improvement skills
- Experience of preparing presentations for Board review
For more information on this fantastic role based in Walsall please do get in touch