West Midlands, England
£40000.00 - £43000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Employee Assistance
24 days ago
Commercial Analyst - Packed Business and Specialist Products
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide company headquartered in Solihull in their search for a Commercial Analyst- Packed Business industry. This is a brand new role and a fantastic opportunity for an inquisitive, solutions-focused Commercial Finance Analyst who wants to apply their systems skills and knowledge to a range of topics within a nationally recognised company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring financial movements across the business and will offer commercial data and commentary to support, evaluate and provide insight into current and future business strategy. Working with big data, they will be adept in utilising reports to forecast future revenue and expenditure. Reporting to the Finance Manager, and working alongside two other accountants, this person will use their impeccable communication skills to assist stakeholders in the practice of data-led decision-making across the well-known national multi-site retail business in the building materials industry. A key success factor will be the ability to proactively communicate financial information to non-finance stakeholders and not be afraid to ask questions. As a Commercial Analyst, you will be instrumental in identifying key drivers in improving profitability and growth.
The ideal candidate will have significant strengths in building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships. A depth of experience in using Excel is an absolute must. In addition, experience in SAP and Dynamics and familiarity with Access, SQL and Business Objects, would be highly advantageous to success in this role.
Role & responsibilities:
- Providing weekly & monthly analysis, along with financial support to multiple departments
- Provide analysis and financial support to the main business entity
- Assist with the preparing and reviewing budgets and forecasts
- Involvement with projects and acting as a key player in driving new and improved ways of providing analysis to assist with tracking business performance
- Maintain excellent communication and build strong relationships with stakeholders ensuring they are always up to date with reporting
- Strong systems analysis skills
- Previous experience in supporting multiple stakeholders and challenging data
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Previous experience assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Manipulate big data
- Confident at presenting data and analysis to both financial and non-financial heads
In return, this company offers industry leading rewards, incentives and benefits including:
- Bonus Scheme
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Due to the nature of the industry My client is offering flexible/ hybrid working, as the role can be located in Solihull, Wolverhampton, or North of Derbyshire.
To apply for the Commercial Analyst position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.