Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting our client with the hire of a Commercial Sales Business Partner for their Commercial Finance Team. Our client is a well-known, global business who offer a superb track record of providing genuine career development to all of their staff at all levels. Due to recent outstanding results over the past 6 months, this is a newly created role, where my client is seeking to hire a highly commercial, confident candidate to provide Commercial insights and analysis, predominantly for their Marketing function.
You will work closely with the Sales FC, based in the Slough Head Office (currently all working from home) and also directly with the Marketing function for this leading business providing a high level of business support, and controls to this division.
This is a really pivotal Commercial Accountant role ensuring the company can meet its objectives by creating value and efficiency and identifying opportunities for growth.
The successful candidate will be highly educated, and likely to be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), potentially with a background in FMCG or Pharma. You will also ideally have gained recent experience of working with Sales teams, and business partnering. You must also be able to previously demonstrate analysis and evaluation of key commercial decisions and ideally have worked in Global Businesses previously.
Proven analytical skills are an essential as is demonstrable financial and commercial acumen.
Your role as a Commercial Sales Business Partner will include:
- Working closely with the wider Finance team, the Financial Controller and the Sales Finance Team
- Business partner with the category teams to deliver the annual plan and quarterly forecast cycles
- Track and manage the budget for the Marketing team
- Review trade and marketing investment structures
- Perform regular reporting for the Marketing team
- Control, analyse and evaluate marketing investment activity
- Ad-hoc projects whilst working closely with the Sales FC
Desired profile for the successful Commercial Accountant:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA combined with a strong academic background
- Strong commercial/business partnering experience, ideally having worked closely with Sales teams previously
- Be driven and commercially focussed
- Offer a proven track record within your career to date
- Be ambitious and hungry for career progression
- Advanced Excel skills ideally to include modelling
- Confident business partnering skills and able to take on a challenge with confidence
Please get in touch for more details of this superb Commercial Accountant opportunity. Our client is based in very modern offices in Slough, however due to COVID-19 you will be working from home initially until the office re-opens in Spring. The successful candidate must be therefore able to work from the Slough office once the office re-opens.
My client can offer a superb career progression path, excellent pension and health-care benefits and an opportunity to join an award-winning business.