Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be supporting a highly established business based in Birmingham with the recruitment for a Commercial Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this role has broad responsibilities encompassing both technical and commercial sides of finance. This is also a succession planned role, with the expected growth in the organisation the position should soon progress into a Financial Controller.
- Leading the production of regular financial reports for multiple subsidiaries within the group to IFRS standards
- Consolidation of monthly reporting packs, and presentation of financial information
- Reviewing financial submissions by the reporting and FP&A functions to ensure accuracy and validity
- Preparing insight and analysis of the group's financial position using historic data, and generating tools to support forward-thinking commercial decision-making
- Supporting the group's internal controls, compliance and policy implementation and maintenance, in line with any industry policy changes
- Acting as a proactive member of the team to provide information to external auditors
- Working collaboratively with the internal controls and audit teams to ensure a smooth year end procedure
- Continuous improvement of reporting tools and systems, including various ERP projects when required
- Championing the importance of adherence to controls and reporting standards to other finance teams
The ideal candidate will be ACA or CA qualified with a background in a Top 20 UK accountancy firm, either from an audit or accounting background. Those ACCA qualified with significant industry experience are also welcome to apply.
The right person for this job will be proactive, forward-thinking and able to cope with an industry that is fast-paced and likely to be ever-changing. Candidates from any sector background can be considered.