Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting an established services organisation based in Birmingham city centre who are looking to appoint a qualified accountant (ACCA,CIMA,ACA) to join them as a Commercial Accountant. The main purpose of the role will be to support the Commercial Finance team with business partnering, business performance analysis, new business analysis and project work
The Successful candidate will be a trained management accountant with experience of working in complex fast paced roles looking to move into a truly operationally focused role.
Key Duties, Commercial Accountant, Birmingham
- Develop an understanding of the contractual obligations, commercial model and performance targets for the operation you are supporting
- Be proactive in supporting the operational team
- Raise risks, issues and opportunities to the Head of Commercial Finance (HoCF) in a timely manner
- Identify and drive transformation change initiatives through to implementation under the guidance of the HoCF.
- Month end reporting & analysis of actual financial performance alongside financial and operational KPIs, adhering to the financial timetable.
- Support Business Managers in the forecasting process by providing analysis and aiding the preparation of the plan. As well as decision making in areas such as headcount, estates, cost control, incentive schemes
- Support the annual business planning (budgeting) process
- Identify, and evaluate risks, issues, sensitivities and opportunities to the forecast / plan
- Ensure all Accruals/Prepayments, investigating queries, income recognition, partner costs, performance reconciliations and reporting are completed and reviewed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all financial information is produced to a high level of accuracy and that any queries are dealt with as efficiently as possible each month
- Provide supplementary information as requested by the cost centre owner or other stakeholders as requested
- Support the production of the balance sheet files and supporting information for allocated areas of the balance sheet, including production of month end balance sheet reports.
- Ongoing financial business support - for the completion of reports and interpretation of accounting principles
- Other profitability analysis - for contracts, comparisons to forecasts and work in progress valuations, cost saving opportunities.
Key Skills & Experience, Commercial Accountant, Birmingham
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA,CIMA,ACA)
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to influence operational decisions through analysis of KPI's
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Ability to continually look at process improvements
For more information on this commercial accountant role based in Birmingham city centre please do get in touch