£25000 - £32000 per annum + bonus, pension, study support
about 1 month ago
Our client is one of the UK's top manufacturers operating across the UK and Europe and is currently looking for an Excel savvy and outgoing Commercial Accountant to join their dynamic Finance team in Lichfield. The role has come up due to consistent growth.
This new role will be key for helping the business better understand its performance against its KPIs (Budget, Last Year, Forecasts, Market) through the delivery of financial reporting, and there will be opportunity to travel to local sites on an occasional basis.
There is a tonne of opportunity here so if you want to step into a commercial team and business partner - i.e. with sales, marketing and operations this could be your next step!
A Commercial Accountant will typically:
- Weekly / Monthly sales reporting, with monthly analysis on Sales and Margin from a commercial perspective (Volume & Price), and ad hoc Sales/Margin reporting to help the business understand risks/opportunities and the effectiveness of promotions.
- Assisting in the accuracy of commercial conditions (rebates).
- Accounting for commercial fixed cost overheads ensuring each department spend is identified and reported correctly, and assisting in the production of costings/account planning and tenders.
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Post launch reviews of new products with presentations to board members
- Financial support of the transport function including the evaluation of new initiatives
- Any other duties required as per the needs of the Business Finance function
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with a Finance degree or equivalent.
- Hold a personality and drive to deal with multiple stakeholder priorities in a fast-paced environment and hunger and initiative to take the commercial reporting of the business to another level.
- Hold strong excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups), with an interest in Financial modelling and cost analysis. If this is not something that you have done there will be development and support on this.