A CNC Programmer is need for driving consistent standards within the Design team (CAM) and Toolroom whilst supporting the businesses operational needs in improving existing and introducing new products. The individual will become accountable for successful forging tooling suite manufacture and support associated processing activities.
It is key that the individual fully adheres to both internal and external standards at Technician level the candidate is expected to be working towards the outline below at Engineer level the individual should be competent.
Scope and Responsibilities
● Program NX to achieve efficient Toolpath generation and transfer to the Toolroom for various types of machines.
● Ensure all programs are adequately backed up and correct information provided to Toolroom staff, inclusive of data management and control activities ref BP22 (Business Process 22).
● Use NX to complete basic CAD operations showing an appreciation and entry level understanding of usage for design and extended purposes.
● Participate with tooling suppliers for introducing new technologies inclusive of optimising cutting tool strategies to suit.
● Become, over time, a specialist in forge tooling, fixturing and gauging which is inclusive of additional processes to support i.e measurement, materials, welding, scanning etc.
● Participate in design reviews and advise best practices for tooling manufacture.
● Participate and drive improvement projects as per initiatives in both Toolroom and Design Depts. Also support others in improvement activities across the wider business.
● Participate and drive tooling, fixturing and machine improvements daily.
● Ensure day to day toolmaking activities are supported to meet business needs interfacing with all stakeholders internally and externally as required.
● Work towards achieving programming of a robotic welding cell utilising bespoke software applications.
● Supporting machining division with programs for components.
Skills and Qualifications
● BTEC certificate / HNC or equivalent (can be working towards)
● Good Interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives
● Involvement team activity as required
● Work strictly in accordance with laid down processes and procedures
● Numeracy, Literacy and associated IT skills.
● Responsible for own actions and autonomy in role.
● Proactive in improvement activity
● Worked within a quality orientated business
● Must be flexible in working different shift patterns when required
● Able to communicate effectively across all departments both verbally and written