£35000 - £38000 per annum
4 months ago
CMM Engineer / Programmer (MCOSMOS ) needed for a permanent position in the Reddtich area to inspect prototype parts with CMM and various mechanical measuring equipment, compile FAIR's (First Article Inspection Reports) I.I.R's (Initial Inspection Reports). Salary (dependent on experience & qualifications). The position is working Mon - Fri days hours are 8-4.30pm with early finish on a Friday.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company "perks" benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful CMM Engineer / Programmer day to day duties will include:
- Operating and Programming CMM machines
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Maintain relevant records and data.
- Complete FAIR's (First Article Inspection Reports) I.I.R's (Initial Inspection Reports) / ISIR's (Initial Sample Inspection Reports).
- To follow company H&S guidelines and working safely at all times taking in to account own actions and their impact on others.
To be suitable for this CMM Engineer / Programmer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Previously worked as an Inspector / C.M.M Engineer
- Recent experience of operating and programming MCOSMOS
- Use MCOSMOS to compile FAIR's, ISIR's / IIR's.
- Be able to use hand held measuring equipment to provide dimensional data to prototype components.
- Be able to use shadowgraph, tool maker's microscope, Height gauges and other mechanical measuring equipment etc.
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this CMM Programmer / Inspector role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Relevant CMM / engineering qualifications / training
- Calibrating dimensional measuring equipment.
- Visual report 3 experience
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.