West Bromwich, West Midlands
Up to £24000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Insurance Claims handler
An exciting position has arisen for someone who has a background working within the Insurance claims sector. You must have extensive knowledge of the Financial Services Authority principles for business and the processes involved with the Financial Ombudsman services.
This is an extremely varied position dealing with Motor Insurance, Commercial and personal lines, exposure to all 3 areas would be advantageous:
- As a claims advisor you would be one of the first points of contact for customers in the reporting of all types of claims, ensuring that they receive prompt and accurate.
- Ensure that all required documentation in support of claims and loss assessors reports are dealt with as a priority and dispatched to insurers and representatives without delay.
- Negotiate with Insurers in relation to the settlement of claims, in respect of policy liability and settlement amount.
- Maintain client records with up to date information regarding claims history. Dispatch of client claims settlement cheques.
- Assist clients in the pursuit of any uninsured losses sustained as part of a claim.
- Maintain a diary system for all outstanding claims and ensure these are chased regularly, keeping customers informed of progress.
- Advise clients on their options should insurers refuse indemnity under any particular policy, or wish to offer a final settlement figure below original expectations.
- Provide regular reports to senior management in the business of any significant losses sustained by individual clients that might have an impact on Insurer relationships.
The ideal candidate would have previous knowledge of the Insurance sector and working within the financial services principles. Have an excellent eye for detail, be proactive, process driven and compliant, be a personable individual whom has excellent customer service.
Should you wish to discuss this role further then please call us or email your CV across