West Midlands, England
7 months ago
Engineer - West Midlands - House Builder
I am recruiting for an Engineer to join one of the UK's leading businesses in the House Building Sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to join the technical arm of a highly reputable company who value and invest in their staff making them a great business to work for. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional estate, the engineers are a crucial part of making sure each home meets and exceeds their customers' expectations.
What you need to know about the position.
· The role of the Engineer is to provide technical support at all stages of the development process, from initial viability advice to full design packages, gaining technical consents and providing advice to all other departments and selected contractors during construction.
· You will need a thorough knowledge of engineering as a discipline and be very familiar with the associated regulatory requirements for a residential build. You will need to be a shrewd negotiator as you navigate various technical approval processes.
· Analyse and resolve engineering issues as part of the planning application for sites
· Work with local authorities and utility providers to ensure all approvals required for site start are ready and available at the appropriate time
· Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards
· Work on tenders and pre-start engineering documentation and oversee viability of each one
· Be on site and attend all relevant meetings relating to the procurement and approval of site infrastructure
· Prepare site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential developments
To be successful you will need.
· Extensive experience of engineering issues relating to all areas of infrastructure gained within housebuilding sector including roads, sewers, foundations, utilities, and drainage
· Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent
· Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD, PDS and MicroDrainage
· Thorough understanding of engineering regulatory requirements
· A strong negotiator with proven experience in gaining consent on complex technical approvals
· Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package