Birmingham, West Midlands
6 months ago
Are you a Civil Engineer in Derby looking for a new opportunity but haven't quite found the right business that suits you yet? Look no further as I am working with a fantastic Engineering consultancy with a reputable presence in the market that not only has a good retention rate when it comes to their staff but also has a great company culture where you come first as an employee.
What are the responsibilities in my role as Civil Engineer within this business?
· You will be accountable for project management and undertaking detailed design work.
· Writing up engineering reports
· Undertaking site feasibility work
· Always comply with company Health & Safety standards.
· Other duties and responsibilities will coincide with the position you are within the business.
Who are we looking for and how will they be successful?
· You will ideally hold 2-5 years' experience within a civil engineering role on either residential or non-residential works.
· Client and local authority liaison experience is very important.
· The desire and willingness to lead and train junior members of the team.
· Familiarity of common highway and drainage sectional agreements (S38, S278, S104, S185) is essential
· Must be an experienced user of WinDes and (ideally) Civils 3D, although users of other software will not be ruled out.
· Excellent mathematics skills are essential.
· Capability of complex S278 design is highly desirable.
· Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD.
· Good organisation, communication and presentation skills are essential - a good understanding of general processes and quality assurance standards is desirable.
The salary for this position will be flexible and negotiable dependant on experience and level of engineer, if this is something you are interested in then click the "Apply Now" button and myself Zac Doherty will endeavour to get back to you within 48 hours of your application so we can have a confidential chat.