Bonus, Equity and Benefits
6 days ago
A broad Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role working for a high growth, PE Backed Multi-site Leisure and Hospitality business in the Midlands
About our Client
A Private Equity Backed Multi-site Leisure and Hospitality business in the Midlands. Founded by industry leaders, they are keen to take their winning formula to a new level, with ambitious plans to significantly expand their portfolio of sites through further acquisitions. This is an opportunity to join a highly experienced management team and a company which has a substantial market opportunity.
The business is founded on strong values. It is and will always be a company that stands by its people, collaboration, and teamwork. There has never been a more exciting time to join as they embark on a period of sustained growth.
This is a high-profile Chief Financial Officer (CFO) opportunity in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will drive the business through a significant period of growth. With multiple sites across the UK, they have an ambitious plan to expand through further acquisitions. You will support, challenge, and drive the strategy, financial decisions, and priorities for the business. It is a crucial strategic role at the heart of the company.
You will be an active member of the Board, contributing towards the business's future success. The role has overall responsibility for all aspects of finance, leading the commercial finance activity and driving the performance management focus, whilst maintaining a robust control environment. Responsibilities will also include leadership of the finance team and will oversee IT systems, as they look to integrate systems and drive further automation to enable growth.
At a strategic level, you will be developing the vision, structures, controls, and processes to support high business growth and at a hands-on level, supporting the groups understanding of its performance against budget, plan, and targets.
- For this CFO opportunity in the Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and an experienced CFO/ FD
- Must have previous experience at Executive Board level within a multi-site, customer facing service environment and a preference for retail, hospitality or leisure businesses that have been fast growing
- Significant experience of finance leadership roles and you must have had end-to-end operational finance responsibility
- Experience of working in high growth businesses and a track record of supporting consistent profitable growth. You must also have a good balance of strategic vision and hands-on operating style
- Experience of M&A related transactions and post-acquisition integration work is desirable but not essential
- Candidates will also need to demonstrate an entrepreneurial, growth mindset and an innovative approach, as well as an agility and ability to operate at pace. There will be the opportunity to affect real change and to contribute to the direction of the company
- Broad business knowledge will also be critical and an enthusiasm for innovation, continuous improvement and problem solving
- Must demonstrate significant drive and positive energy and a can-do attitude
- Hybrid working will be considered, but a regular presence in the Midlands and a flexibility to travel to sites will be important
What's on offer
An attractive Six Figure Basic Salary, Bonus, Equity and Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.