Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Company car scheme
8 months ago
Are you experienced as a client side PQS and are ready for a new challenge? This role will offer you the opportunity to develop your skills. You will be involved in projects worth up to £300m with clients including F1 Teams, residential, logistic hubs, innovative workplace schemes, healthcare and retail.
Due to my clients continuing success and growth, they are now looking for their next talented Project / Senior QS to join their office in Leeds. They are an award-winning multi-discipline consultancy, delivering successful property and construction solutions across the UK and around the world.
They can provide you with a diverse portfolio of projects, providing you variety in your role to continue growing your career. You will be joining a team in Leeds working alongside other disciplines in the office including PM, Sustainability and Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead on aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including pre and post contract duties.
- Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
- Produce cost estimates and cost plans.
- Manage the tender process, review and analyse tender returns and prepare recommendations to the client as well as advice on procurement routes.
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor on the status of projects.
- Full post contract duties including establishing the effect of variations and evaluating and negotiating final account settlements.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with clients, always maintaining the highest standards of professional competence.
- Support and manage junior team members to deliver our cost management service effectively.
- Contribute to winning new work and/or repeat business
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
To be considered, you will have:
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
- MRICS Chartered, or working towards
- Experience of high value and complex projects gained in a consultancy environment.
- Workplace, retail, commercial or mixed-use sector experience desirable.
- First class communicator, capable of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Commercially aware with excellent negotiation and organisational skills.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work independently on complicated schemes coordinating commercial and contract issues with the Client, Contractor and lead PM. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to work flexibly, both in the office and on-site, whilst demonstrating commercial awareness to complete tasks to agreed timelines.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now or get in touch with Elliot Drury on for more information.