£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + + Benefits
10 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are excited to have partnered with the University of Cambridge to find a Change Manager on a fixed term basis of 2 years, this role is key to support on their current Finance Transformation Programme.
The Change Manager will work with sponsors and Teams within the Finance Transformation Programme and its projects to support change initiatives in meeting objectives by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business procedures, processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures.
The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans (covering communications, training, sponsorship, the role of line managers, and resistance management) that maximise employee adoption and usage and minimise resistance. The Change Management Specialist will work to drive faster adoption, higher utilisation and greater proficiency of the changes that impact staff to increase benefit realisation and the achievement of results and outcomes
Change Management Assessment, Strategy, Planning & Measurement
- Assess the change impact and complete change management assessments for the Finance Transformation Programme and its projects project and create a change management strategy.
- Develop and deliver change management strategy and plans, covering communication, sponsorship, support for line managers, training and resistance management.
- Define and measure change management success metrics and monitor change progress, along with tracking and reporting issues.
- Ensure project team members integrate change management activities into their project plans.
Stakeholder advice, support & coaching
- Proactively and independently build relationships with senior staff across Colleges, Departments and Central Services to determine and agree the most appropriate methods to effectively communicate change impact and benefits for staff.
- Manage a wide variety of stakeholders involved in and/or impacting the change project (e.g. Senior Leaders and Line Managers).
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists (e.g. support communication and training efforts).
- Provide coaching, guidance, feedback and support, as needed for Sponsors and others within the project and across the Sponsor Network.
Change management approach, education & capacity building
- Apply a structured methodology (e.g. PROSCI, APMG) and lead change management activities within the Finance Transformation Programme and its projects.
- Support change capability building within the University (e.g. participation in the Change Management Community of Practice, sharing best practice/experience gained, mentoring other Change Specialists etc).
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies, (e.g. Change Impact Assessments, Change Readiness activities, and Change Management coaching).
- Experience of large-scale cross organisational change initiatives.
- Experience of developing and delivering comprehensive approaches to staff communication across a complex organisation.
- Excellent communication & listening skills - both written and verbal, combined with the ability to prepare and conduct high impact workshops and presentations.
- Good understanding of project management approaches, tools and phases of project & programme lifecycle.
- Educated to degree level and/ or possess an equivalent professional qualification (e.g. APMG Practitioner, PROSCI level or equivalent).
The role is new to the structure and is a 2 year fixed term contract opportunity paying up to £60k + benefits, they are operating a hybrid working model with 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home so candidates must be willing to travel to Cambridge on a weekly basis.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.