Up to £55000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Are you an experienced Category Manager with strong experience of indirect categories? Do you have the drive and influencing skills to help to develop a procurement team, partnering with business critical departments? If so please read on as this role could be perfect for you.
Based in Bracknell, this is a well established organisation that is seeking a Category Manager to contribute and execute the procurement and sustainability strategies for indirect categories, excluding IT.
As Category Manager you will focus on reducing suppliers and meeting carbon reduction categories. You will lead negotiations, maintain good procurement and drive process improvement initiatives. You will establish and maintain procurement and vendor management practices, and you will build trusted partnerships with suppliers. Relationship building is key - you will partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that procurement is involved in projects from the outset.
The role will focus on spend areas that include Professional Services, HR spend and general indirects. Therefore you will have a strong track record in delivering in these areas.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A working knowledge and strong understanding of the principles of category management
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement and influencing
- A business partnering approach
- Previous experience of indirect procurement with a focus on professional services
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A results driven and customer focused outlook
- MCIPS is desirable
In return you will receive a salary of circa £60,000 to £65,000 depending on experience + benefits.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.