Are you analytical and have a passion for data and insight?
What you'll get…
- Working as part of a modern and forward thinking team
- A modern working environment in a national progressive company
- Direction, training and support
- Opportunity for continuous improvement within the role, developing processes and maximising profitability…
- A competitive salary + benefits
We have an excellent opportunity for a Category Manager to join the trading team in a busy ecommerce department for a high profile national retailer based in the East Midlands.
With a salary of up to 52k, plus benefits this is a perfect opportunity to help drive an ambitious and forward thinking strategy within a fast paced and innovative team.
What you'll Need
- Data manipulation, interrogation and market data within a retail setting
- Understanding of Category Management principles
- Comfortable dealing with complex data
- Experience managing and developing a team of people
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail
What you'll do ...
The category team, based in the corporate buying department, is responsible for the management, interpretation and dissemination of data throughout the business to enable informed strategic decision-making.
Primarily, the role involves managing the Category team in evaluating internal and external data sources to ensure that the business understands what our customers want and to assist the development of category activity to meet and exceed these needs.
The successful candidate will manage the monitoring and reporting of data, whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management and the buying teams to deliver competitive advantage.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support business strategy through the provision of relevant, concise category information
- Develop, manage and maintain positive working relationships with external parties and service providers as required
- Delegate and manage all projects within the area of responsibility and ensure all are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Director
- Actively manage the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency
- Coach and develop all team members to ensure output is delivered to the highest standard throughout the whole team
- Contributes positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department
- Ensures adherence to all legal requirements, Health and Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility
The successful candidate will have a background and strong interest in Category Management and excellent communication skills to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of communication, both internally and externally.
You will actively manage your area of responsibility, driving innovation and change, as well as managing all due diligence and other related issues.