Birmingham, West Midlands
£31000 - £36000 per annum
4 months ago
Category Insights Analyst
Are you a data oriented professional? Do you have a track record of data manipulation and interrogation to enable informed strategic decisions?
We have an excellent opportunity for an Insights Analyst to join the Corporate Buying Department for a high profile national retailer based in the East Midlands.
With a salary of up to 36k, plus benefits this is a perfect opportunity to help drive an ambitious and forward thinking data strategy within a fast paced and innovative team.
What you'll do…
The role will evaluate internal and external data sources to ensure that we understand what customers want and to assist the development of category activity to meet and exceed these needs.
You will monitor and maintain sales figures whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management and the buying teams to deliver competitive advantage.
- Drive, support and provide strategy related to business performance
- Develop and maintains positive working relationships with external parties and service providers when required
- Ensures all projects within the area of responsibility are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Manager
- Actively manages the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency
- Document existing business processes and proposes new processes where required
- Assist the Category Department with testing of new procedures and systems
- Contribute positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department
What you'll need…
The successful candidates will have a background in Category Management and excellent communication skills to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of communication, both internally and externally. You'll actively manage your area of responsibility, driving innovation and change, as well as managing all due diligence and other related issues.
- Data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance
- Preparation of senior level reports
- Experience and/or appreciation of the role of market data within a retail setting
- High levels of accuracy
- Excel and Powerpoint super-user
- Comfortable dealing with complex data
- Able to work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines
- Can deliver solutions autonomously
- High levels of initiative and pro activity
What you'll get…
- Working as part of a modern and forward thinking team
- A modern working environment in a national progressive company
- Direction, training and support
- A competitive salary + benefits