Birmingham, West Midlands
6 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a Professional Services Organisation as they look to recruit a Cash and Banking Assistant to join them on a permanent basis.
You will work within a small team responsible for the allocation and movement of funds and the management and reconciliation of the bank accounts.
Principle Accountability's are as follows:
- Allocate cash received, initiating queries on unidentifiable items as appropriate.
- Record and bank cheques in accordance with the agreed cheque received process.
- Ensure that all cash received is posted to the accounting database.
- Respond to and ensure that all queries relating to bank accounts, cash received and payments made are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Perform regular reconciliations of all unallocated cash against completed bank reconciliations ensuring that unidentified items are investigated and resolved.
- Action all bank transfers and releases of BACS payments.
- Provide regular reporting of unallocated cash.
Skills and Experience
- Experience within a property or client facing role.
- Cash management experience.
- High level of IT skills including Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.