Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
2 months ago
GleesonGleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside Nationwide business as they look to recruit a Cash and Banking Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys solving queries, finding solutions and working towards developing better processes and procedures. You will have excellent excel skills being able to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data.
As a Cash and Banking Accountant you will work within a small finance team but with sole responsibility of the Cash, Banking and reconciliation of the bank accounts.
Responsibilities of a Cash and Banking Accountant:
- Providing cash accounting support for Cash and Banking transactions across branches in the UK.
- Daily postings of transactions across two business areas (Totalling £2-3million3million per month)
- Reconciliation of Branch Cash postings
- Reconciliation of Credit Card payments (Both AmexAmex and Credit card)
- Analysing Branch imbalances identifying any potential discrepancies to the relevant Branch manager/Regional Manager and ensuring that suitable action is taken to resolve
- Regular remote liaison with relationship managers with Various third party bankers and card providers in regards to Cash and Cheque Paying in Slips, Branch specific PDQ totals, and individual transactions.
Analysis of Bank information and payment values
- Building effective relationships with internal branch managers
- Streamlining processes and identifying improvements to move from monthly to weekly / daily bank reconciliations
- Natural ability to develop relationships with internal members of staff
- Attention to detail
- Action orientated to resolve queries
- Ability to automate information
- Ability to identify areas for improvement
- Significant excel skills to accurately reconcile large volumes of data gained from differing source e.g. Internal systems, Bank, card provider, etc
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Friends and Family Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Perk Box Incentives