Walsall, West Midlands
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant? Do you enjoy managing complex reconciliations?
An opportunity has arisen within the finance team of a UK wide organisation based in Cannock, specifically within their Cash accounting department, to work alongside a team of 6, as a Cash Accounting Assistant.
The Cash Assistant will primarily be responsible for processing and reconciling cash and bank transactions for the business. As a Cash Assistant you can expect a salary between £23,000 - £25,000 per annum. This role is reporting into the Cash Accountant, within the Financial Accounting team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to get involved with strategic operations, and process improvements including reporting, controls and compliance.
Cash Assistant Activities:
- Daily download of bank statements
- Preparation and import of daily files for upload to Oracle
- Reconciling accounts & chasing any discrepancies
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month/year end reporting
- Provide adhoc assistance and cover to the wider team when required
- Working toward a recognised qualification - AAT/ ACCA/ CIMA
- Good IT skills - particularly Excel- knowledge of Oracle Fusion - desired
- Proven track record of high attention to detail & ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (at all levels)
To apply for the Cash Assistant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.