Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
9 months ago
This is a newly created role, reporting directly into the Financial Controller, to take a proactive approach for the allocation, management and movement of funds and the management and reconciliation of the bank accounts. You will have already started your ACCA or CIMA and can be motivated and supported with the rest of your studies by the business.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in hard accounting skills, supported by a natural flair in communication and presentation skills with a view to see the organisations big picture to help the business make the best decisions.
You can expect a salary between £25,000- £35,000 PA + study package (more benefits outlined below).
Please be available for interviews which will take place via video from the 1st July 2020 onwards.
- Allocate cash received, identifying the source funds and ensuring all sums received are posted to the correct accounts.
- Perform regular reconciliations of all bank accounts ensuring that unidentified items are investigated and resolved
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are available for formal sign off on at least a monthly basis
- Record and bank cheques
- Maintain daily records of all cash received
- Ensure that all cash received is posted to the accounting database
- Track, investigate and resolve the allocation of unidentified receipts and return monies
- Ensure client reporting team are fully aware of all receipts and postings made
- Respond to and ensure that all queries relating to bank accounts, cash received and payments made are dealt with on a timely basis
- Perform regular reconciliations of all unallocated cash against completed bank reconciliations
- Action all bank transfers and releases of BACS payments
- Ensure that all payments made are supported by the appropriate documentation and the correct authorisation is provided
- Ensure strict compliance of all agreed processes and controls
- Provide regular reporting of unallocated cash
- A part qualified ACCA/ CIMA accountant with at least 2 years Accounting experience
- Experience of preparing and presenting information to management at board meetings
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, and to be able to work with multiple entities
- An excellent team player
The following benefits package is available for the Cash Accountant role:
- Study package for completion of ACCA/CIMA
- Salary between £25,000- £35,000 depending on experience
- Bonus (discretional)
Fun environment to work in, excellent office space with mapped out career progression