Coventry, West Midlands
£45000 - £52000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you looking for a role where you can add real value? Do you have experience working in risk?
A FTSE listed organisation based in Coventry are currently recruiting for a Capital Delivery Risk Lead to join their team. You will be working with all levels of management within the business from project level up to Senior Management and Directors so is a fantastic opportunity to really get involved in the business and showcase your talent.
As Capital Delivery Risk Lead you will be responsible for:
- Develop consistent risk and opportunity reporting across the >£1bn capital programme to establish a framework from project, portfolio and enterprise risk level (ERM).
- Establish clear links to the financial budget process to provide Senior Management and Directors with visibility of key risks and opportunities across the programme.
- Develop processes to identify and challenge delivery of key regulatory commitments (ODI, EA, DWI), performance outcomes to drive business improvements and customer commitments.
- Provide oversight of the capital delivery assurance programme forming clear links with Chief Engineer, Commercial, PMO, F&P to ensure the framework is effectively managed.
- Develop a risk and control framework across the department which ensures compliance with key legal and regulatory requirements.
- Systematise the collation of data and reporting with SAP, BW Reporting and PMO systems to ensure accuracy and 'one version of the truth' to enable focus on value adding activities.
- Lead Deep-dives into business areas to improve risk, financial and performance reporting.
- Interface with other risk and governance teams across the organisation to improve the overall control environment for Severn Trent.
- Hold Capital Delivery teams to account for accurate and timely reporting to provide confidence to senior management in risk and performance management
- Develop an insightful reporting suite to convey messaging across all levels of management
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant qualification (ACA/ ACCA/ ICEAW/ ICAS)
- Risk Professional / Internal Audit experience
- A proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationship across all levels of management and influencing change to support business objectives.
- Sound knowledge of developing risk and control frameworks to identify, monitor and improve the risk and opportunity profile.
- Proven experience in linking risk and opportunities in the context of wider financial, regulatory and performance commitments to present cohesive insight to drive improvement.