£25000 - £30000 per annum
8 months ago
If you are an experienced CAD Engineer who is driven by a desire to be challenged and make a difference, then keep reading.
I am working with a well-established and forward-thinking laser cutting business who offer a rapid response to their customers while delivering a, "world-class service" on a national scale.
In this exciting period of growth for the business, they are looking to hire a CAD Engineer with a focus on driving product design and development for their established project portfolio that spans a variety of industry sectors including general sheet metal, commercial, agricultural and architectural/structural steelwork.
The business is excited by passionate people who are capable of fusing critical thinking with creativity and technical capability to help project the company forward.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings with an understanding of drawing tolerances and 1st and 3rd angle perspective
- Experience of 2D and 3D modelling, (Solidworks preferable but not necessary)
- Sheet metal / bending sheet metal essential
- Experienced in material properties:
- Knowledge of material properties when cutting materials, (bowing, heat, reduction in strength)
- Knowledge of machine tooling
- Understanding of materials and industry technologies
- Experience in using MRP / ERP software is advantageous
- Possess a creative, problem solving mindset and the ability to generate innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- The ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional and collaborative working environment
- You must be enthusiastic and take a genuine pride in your work - the business is very passionate about what they do, and it is essential that their engineers feel the same way too.
This opportunity will not be available for long so don't hesitate! Apply with a most recent copy of your CV today.